|What should your complaint include?
- Details of marriage including wedding card, marriage certificate, photos, videos etc.
- Name(s) of accused persons and their details like addresses and passports etc.
- Details of harassment like duration, time period, place and type of harassment.
- Details of demand of dowry, if any
- Bank statement, if you have drawn dowry from the bank
- Details of the cheque if you have paid the dowry in that form.
- Details of the person to whom it was handed over.
- In case of physical violence, details of injuries and type of weapon.
- Doctor’s prescription or case sheets of the treatment of such injuries.
- Details of the elders who had arranged the marriage and who tried to patch up the differences.
- Places where the mediation/counselling sessions were held
- Details of witnesses, especially independent witnesses and your own children.
- Any written agreements during marriage.
- Details of gifts in the form of movable property like jewels/cash/garments/vehicles and immovable property like plots/flats.
- Any written/voice communication between the partners, the victim and the parents in the form of letters, emails, voice records etc.
- Reasons for the delay in lodging the complaint, if any.
- Signature of the victim and contact number.